Much more to follow here. This is just a starter. I would suggest constructing this project in this order.
- The CPU / keyboard. Without this done first the rest of the HamPi cannot be controlled.
- The Radio board.
- The BandPass Filter board
- The PA board
- The Case – but this can be done at any time.
Equipment that will be needed
- Soldering irons. Medium size for general parts, and a small one suitable for down to 0805 surface mount parts.
- Digital Multi-meter
- An Inductance / Capacitance / Resistance meter. (Inexpensive ones can be purchased from AliExpress that work well).
- A 25A Power Supply. Preferably with current limitation and variable voltage)
- A MINI-VNA. These are not too expensive now and the 4.2 Inch is about $NZ90. Invaluable for tuning and testing filters, as well as antennas.
- Spectrum Analyser with tracking generator. This is a very nice to have, but can be done without. Borrow? Or get together with other HAMs who have one? The Ham Radio Club?
- For a full workshop, and more detailed testing: RF Signal Generator with a good stepped attenuator, Audio Signal Generator, SINAD Meter.
Note: The CPU board has place for a Si5351 board, OR a Si5351 IC and TCXO, which can be used as a signal generator. It will need software for it, and an attenuator. This has net been developed here, but might be in the future.
98 total views, 1 views today